Position Title: Driver Payroll Clerk - Cedar Rapids, IA
Position Reports to: Director of Driver Payroll
Position Summary: Under general supervision, processes driver payroll and incoming driver paperwork. Payroll processing includes, but is not limited to, driver detention pay. Assists Drivers & Employees with inquiries concerning the Payroll department; and works to maintain the company’s payroll processes & resolve discrepancies. Keeps the Payroll Manager informed of any issues that would prevent them from performing their assigned duties and meeting department deadlines.
- Processes driver detention pay and driver paperwork according to Payroll Department & Company policies. Scans appropriate information into system for record; enters into system necessary data in order for drivers’ payroll to be processed in a timely manner; with accuracy and verifies that all paperwork including but not limited to PO’s, trip summaries, fuel receipts, tolls, fines, bill of ladings, invoices, NR’s, etc. are accurate, have proper authority and processes properly according to rules and guidelines of the department; and maintains necessary Payroll department files of the above paperwork. Trains new employees when requested. Assist new employees to follow department policies. Is able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Assists drivers with inquiries concerning the Driver Payroll department; discusses their payroll history and the proper payroll procedures that occur when processing driver payroll in order to clarify or assist them with concerns; directs employees to the appropriate staff member when needed; and request assistance when needed.
- Sets up and administer necessary accounts (ComData, direct deposit, court order wage assignments, and other various payroll deductions, etc.) in order for drivers’ payroll to be distributed properly; and troubleshoots account difficulties with appropriate staff when conflicts arise. Keeps immediate Supervisor informed of all conflicts, errors, etc as they arise.
- Works with other West Side departments and immediate Supervisor according to department policies and protocol in order to maintain an efficient processing and flow of functions within the Payroll Department. Runs necessary reports needed for the department and other departments; and assists other Payroll department personnel with various projects.
- Stays current on daily detention processing to ensure drivers are paid timely.
- Meets Department deadlines for payroll processing and keeps Payroll Manager and co-workers advised of any situations that would prevent them from doing so.
- Is knowledgeable of all department rules and policies and appropriately applies them.
- Performs other related duties as required, requested and works schedules needed to meet work flow demand.
Necessary Qualifications: One Six months experience in an office setting or related field required; transportation experience preferred; PC operation experience required; Knowledge of Microsoft Office products particularly Excel and Outlook preferred; AS/400 and imaging systems experience desirable. Exceptional phone and customer service skills necessary. Accurately type 40 w.p.m. Some college education a plus, but not required.
Physical Qualifications: Continuous sitting and keyboarding required; sedentary work also involving stair climbing and lifting; up to 20 lbs.