Carrier Sales Representative (Broker)
Position Title: Carrier Sales Representative (Broker)
Position Reports to: Director of Logistics
Position Locations: Cedar Rapids, IA | Glenwood, IL | Columbus, OH | South St. Paul, MN | Indianapolis, IN
Position Summary: Under general supervision, works directly with Customer Service Reps to cover all booked loads; solicits carriers (new and existing) to haul booked loads; and works with other departments as needed in order to provide complete service to customers.
• Serves as broker to load carriers to meet customer expectations; maintains flow of communication between drivers and Customer Service Reps; and works to resolve issues that come up during loads to ensure each load is delivered on-time and in the condition, it was intended to be.
• Processes loads from the time of entry into AS/400; updates all load postings through DAT, and other load posting web-sites as instructed.
• Monitors West Side rate charges and market shifts; and works with carriers to maintain profit levels.
• Works with Customer Service department in order to move excess loads.
• Maintains updated carrier information in computer system.
• Performs other related duties as requested.
Necessary Qualifications: One-year experience in the area of Customer Service or related field required; AS/400 experience preferred; ability to type 40 w.p.m. preferred; excellent customer service and communication skills required.
Physical Qualifications: Sitting, talking on the phone and entering data into the computer for extended periods of time required.
Upload Your Resume