Position Title: National Accounts Manager
Position Reports to: Director of Customer Service
Position Location: Livonia, MI
Position Summary: Providing the best level of customer service to accounts that are deemed National Accounts. This position is designed to increase communication levels between National Accounts Managers and the customer. Increased scrutiny and attention are given to these accounts. This position serves as the intermediary between national accounts and West Side, identifying key national account’s needs, translating those needs into specifications, creating specific solutions and implementing those specific solutions to the national account to provide the best service to the account.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following.
• Managers will be in charge of managing our National Accounts while promoting service and growth through engaged contact tactics in accordance with initiatives set by the V.P. of Sales. Traveling to customers and customer functions for relationship enhancement purposes is required.
• Managers will develop and create specific solutions of National Accounts based on the Managers determination and evaluation of the National Account’s individual needs.
• Managers will translate the national Account’s needs to West Side’s billing and IT support groups and assist in developing and implementing new solutions for that National Account.
• The National Account Managers must know what is happening with each National Account’s loads at all times. Service failures without notifying the customer will not be tolerated.
• Managers will exercise independent judgment and will hold discretion on how to manage each National Account assigned, this includes exercising judgment on how to facilitate communications between West Side and the National Account; how to coordinate various services offered by West Side; determining how to grow business surrounding that National Account; and creating solutions for issues identified in servicing the national Account.
• Managers will have total knowledge of the awards for these customers and will make sure that they are accepting the awards that we have. EDI acceptance and tender acceptance will be a large part of the grade for these managers.
• Mangers will make sure that all appointments that can be done 48 hours in advance are completed to give our planning group the best opportunity to forecast.
• Managers are responsible for analyzing and verifying data on the scorecards for customers who have a scorecard. For customers where a scorecard is required, managers must make sure that we are meeting required metrics.
• Performs other related duties as requested.
Necessary Qualifications: 1 year of customer service in transportation is required and a 4 year degree in business or transportation related field is desired.
Physical Qualifications: Sitting, talking on the phone and entering data into computer for extended periods of time. The ability to travel to for work functions on a minimal basis is required.