Position Title: Tech Level l Trailer/Lube Tech
Position Location: Columbus, OH
Position Reports to: Shop Manager
Position Summary: Under general supervision, performs maintenance on tractor and trailers.
- Provide routine maintenance such as oil changes, filter replacements, tires, brakes, all trailer repairs, including electrical diagnosis and repairs, including ABS system. Conducts preventative maintenance in order to maintain D.O.T. regulations and safety. Replace air chambers, wheel bearings, wheel seals, dollies, doors, door seals, lights, Patches roofs and needed repairs to trailer body, aligns axles as needed; and minor damage repair including some welding on aluminum and steel.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area. Works in a safe and efficient manner. Follows all company Safety policies
- Maintains organization of shop; follows proper shop procedures according to management; assists other shop staff members with maintenance as needed; and performs various ground and property maintenance as needed. Maintains a clean and organized work area; follows all company Safety policies. Works in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participates in departmental training involving updated repair procedures, safety awareness and equipment changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Necessary Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required; One year of experience in the area of fleet maintenance or related field preferred; ability to read and write work orders, basic computer skills and possession of Roll Tool Chest and hand tools required.
This position requires an applicant who is able to handle a muti-tasked, fast-paced environment. One year of mechanic experience is required. This is a full-time position with full benefit offerings including