Position Title: Fleet Manager
Position Reports to: Operations Manager
Position Location: Glenwood, IL
Position Summary: Under general supervision, works closely with managers, customers, drivers and co-workers to coordinate and ensure load commitments are being fulfilled; strives to maintain and improve driver retention efforts at all times; ensures that company productivity goals are met when possible; and works to maintain mutual respect and professionalism with co-workers and subordinates to sustain a positive team environment.
• Works closely with managers, customers, drivers and co-workers to coordinate and ensure load commitments are being fulfilled; monitors load/driver movement and coordinates relays as necessary; determines driver capacity to carry out specific assignments to meet customer needs; and determines alternate plans in the threat of service shortfalls.
• Strives to maintain and improve driver retention efforts at all times; expresses thorough communication to fleet team to clearly express customer and company expectations for each load; recognizes driver dissatisfaction and reacts accordingly; and serves as direct liaison between drivers, shippers, and West Side.
• Ensures that company productivity goals are met at all possible times; supports drivers’ opportunities to accomplish mile goals; maintains and observes driver log hours in load assignments to achieve maximum efficiency; and improves utilization through better load assignment, anticipating and avoiding service problems, setting contingency plans, and understanding unique characteristics of individual customers and drivers.
• Trains with other related departments as necessary according to company needs; participates in company wide training opportunities to improve self learning; and works to maintain mutual respect and professionalism with co-workers and subordinates to sustain a positive team environment.
• Performs other related duties as requested.
Necessary Qualifications: One year management experience required. Operations in transportation, computer systems, satellite systems and innovative software experience all beneficial. Problem solving and communications skills desirable.
Physical Qualifications: Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. Long periods of sitting and use of telephone and satellite systems required.
UPLOAD YOUR RESUME
We are looking forward to hearing from you!