Position Location: Livonia, MI and Indianapolis, IN
Position Title: Driver Manager
Position Summary: The Driver Manager position is critical to West Side Transport’s success as you are the main source of communication between two of our greatest assets as a company. The driver and our customer! You will play an integral role in how the operations department functions on a day to day basis that determines the success of our operation!
• Relationship Building: As a driver manager you will be responsible for building relationships with your fleet as they are what make you and West Side Transport successful.
• Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively and quickly with drivers, customers and operations department as needed. If you like to talk, we want you!
• Multi-tasking: The transportation industry is a fast paced, high energy environment that requires the ability to handle multiple tasks being worked simultaneously!
• Scheduling: You will be a vital piece in making sure the already set schedule is adhered to and completed on a daily/nightly basis. You will be responsible for managing on time delivery, while also managing driver’s hours.
• One plus year’s transportation experience preferred, but not required. Will train the right person!
• Continuous sitting, fast paced computer movements, and telephone and computer skills.
If you feel like you are up to the challenge while working for a great company, submit upload your resume below or submit to [email protected].