Position Title: Customer Service Representative
Position Location: Livonia, MI
Position Reports to: Director of Customer Service
Position Summary: Under general supervision, performs duties as the primary support for West Side Transport customers. Ensures data entry is accurate, detailed and timely. Maintains open communication both internally and externally to sustain complete satisfaction of customers.
• Enters orders within the computer system daily and monitors all shipments to ensure complete satisfaction for customers both internal and external.
• Requests the creation of new customer codes and update and maintain records. Verifies with these customers, hours of operation, directions and any additional information to successfully pick up and/or deliver to their locations.
• Ensures that all appointments are scheduled prior to any shipment being loaded.
• Completes the necessary functions in all required TMS systems. Request additional charges as they arise and follow through with the approval process. Update computer systems to reflect any changes in the customer revenue amounts.
• When providing rates for new or existing lanes, maximize revenue for the company and ensure that the approved rate is sent to the Rating department for updating & invoicing.
• Act as the liaison between all parties involved in each transaction with timely communication and follow through.
• Understand West Side and the customer’s needs. Build rapport with all parties with professional interactions and communication.
• Work with National Account Managers, Sales & all departments. Participate in meetings to improve service and freight needs.
Necessary Qualifications: One-year experience in the area of Customer Service or related field required; AS/400 experience preferred; ability to type 40 w.p.m. preferred; excellent customer service and communication skills required.
If you feel like you are up to the challenge while working for a great company, submit upload your resume below or submit to firstname.lastname@example.org