Position Title: Internal Sales Rep
Position Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Position Summary: Under general supervision, coordinates and schedules loads between customers and West Side drivers; maintains load information on computer system; communicates load schedules with Planners and Fleet Managers; and strives to maintain satisfied customers while looking out for the best interest of the company.
- Coordinates and schedules loads between customers and West Side drivers; tenders loads from customers by means of communication; makes delivery appointments on loads when possible; enters tendered load information into computer tracking system; and updates load information as necessary.
- Communicates and coordinates load information to planners and/or Fleet Managers as necessary; informs customers on changes affecting their freight; monitors customer satisfaction comments and actions; and works with Sales Department to insure customers’ expectations are being met and/or exceeded.
- Determines and maintains load capacity daily and works with Planners and computer data to monitor booked loads.
- Manages load-planning responsibilities when necessarily; and relays messages concerning load planning over the computer system when needed.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Necessary Qualifications: One year experience in Customer Service area or related field.
Physical Qualifications: Sitting, talking on the phone and entering data into computer for extended periods of time.