Position Title: Customer Service Manager - Cedar Rapids, IA
Position Reports to Director of Operations
Position Summary: Under general supervision, works closely with managers, customers, drivers and co-workers to coordinate and ensure load commitments are being fulfilled; strives to maintain and improve driver retention efforts at all times; advises team members and ensures that company productivity goals are met when possible; trains and recommends improvements for other operations staff; and works to maintain mutual respect and professionalism with co-workers and subordinates to sustain a positive team environment.
- Works closely with managers, customers, drivers and co-workers to coordinate and ensure load commitments are being fulfilled; monitors load/driver movement; oversees, approves and coordinates relays as necessary; determines driver capacity to carry out specific assignments to meet customer needs, and determines alternate plans in the threat of service shortfalls.
- Strives to maintain and improve driver retention efforts at all times; expresses thorough communication to the fleet team to clearly express customer and company expectations for each load; recognizes driver dissatisfaction and reacts accordingly; and serves as the direct liaison between drivers, shippers, and West Side.
- Ensures that company productivity goals are met at all possible times; advises team members on increasing productivity and efficiency measurements; supports drivers’ opportunities to accomplish mile goals; maintains and observes driver log hours in load assignments to achieve maximum efficiency; and improves utilization through better load assignment, anticipating and avoiding service problems, setting contingency plans, and understanding unique characteristics of individual customers and drivers.
- Evaluates and recommends training for Customer Service and National Account Managers. Continues efforts to increase conversion freight from all customers in an effort to increase revenue streams to West Side Transport.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Necessary Qualifications: One-year management experience required. Experience in transportation preferred; experience with computer systems, satellite systems and innovative software experience all beneficial. Problem solving and communication skills are desirable.